Wednesday, December 7, 2011

S&P Lacinato Kale Chips

One of my favorite things, is a big bowl of kale chips. I love the taste, and I can eat as many as I want without feeling guilty about how bad they are for me.  My favorite recipe that I've tried is rather addicting, and I like them so much that it's hard to try other recipes out there. I did however, make my own sea salt and black pepper version for my mom this past weekend. I wasn't sure she'd like my favorites, so I tried some plain ones.

Ingredients
A couple of large bunches of Lacinato Kale (dino kale) . Remove leaves from center stem.
Toss in a bowl with about 1/8-1/4 cup sunflower oil depending on how much kale you make.
Black pepper, a few twists of Himalayan Sea salt, and garlic salt to taste.

Directions
Place in dehydrator at 115 degrees for about 3-4 hours. 


Click here to see the healthy benefits of kale!

2 comments:

  1. So let me know when you're ready to make the next batch. I'll bring over some Kale to make a batch for our house, if you don't mind :-) I don't have a dehydrator so I usually bake ours, but dehydrating them is so much better!

    ReplyDelete