Thursday, December 22, 2011

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp from Do Eat Raw App 

Apple crisp

Ingredients:
golden delicious apples 5
pecans 1 cup 
macadamia nuts 1/2 cup 
dates 2/3 cup
raisins, soaked 3 hours 1/2 cup 
agave nectar 2 tablespoons 
lemon, juiced 1/2
vanilla 1 teaspoon 
Himalayan salt pinch of

Description :
Place one unpeeled apple along with the drained raisins, cinnamon (this recipe left out the amount of cinnamon so I just used 2 teaspoons) lemon juice, agave, vanilla and salt in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside. Peel and thinly slice remaining apples and place them in a bowl. Add the pureed mix and toss gently. In a food processor grind finely the pecans and macadamia nuts, then add the dates and continue blending until well mixed. Place the apples in a ceramic dish and top with the pecan mix. Position the pan in the dehydrator at 105° for about 4-5 hours and serve warm. 

I also did not place mine in the dehydrator to warm it. It was a late night impulse make and so we ate it room temperature. This recipe is E approved by the way!







I have found several raw apple pie/crisp recipes, and I'm definitely looking forward to trying more out. Comparison is always a good excuse to try another recipe! (wink)

My dad recently emailed me to tell me he's going to attempt a raw apple pie for Christmas. This is extremely exciting to me (obviously) and look forward to try something made by someone else:) Good luck Dad!!!

A healthier alternative to a conventional cooked apple pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment