Monday, December 12, 2011

Parties, Parties

Well, I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I spent mine, hosting a bridal shower on Saturday, followed by a dinner out. We then went to a comedy club right off the square in downtown Madison, which was actually quite funny! Hmmm, imagine that! It was absolutely freezing out, so walking around the square to get from place to place was quite cold! I'm just grateful there's no snow yet. Sorry to you snow lovers out there, I am not one of you!

Anyway, it's always a bit challenging maintaining a raw food diet when you have events like this that are unavoidable. I can honestly say that I follow my advice as I posted on Friday and just do my best! Fortunately, we served raw veggies and fruit kabobs, so I had plenty of those at the shower. I also drank lots of water with lemon in it to help my body stay more alkaline. I still promise to blog about the whole Ph and acidity vs. alkalinity soon!  I had ordered some pretty amazing cake from a local bakery, so I did partake in that, but it was a small piece!!

 At the restaurant on Saturday night, Jolly Bob's,  I was fully expecting to just order some type of salad and stay away from a huge chunk of meat! The serve a Caribbean inspired menu. I ended up finding a jicama and orange salad that was actually amazing! It was just sliced up jicama with mandarin oranges and some seasonings. It had some type of very spicy vinaigrette, but I really enjoyed it. I also had a bowl of a mushroom bisque soup, that was meat free, however it was cooked. For a dinner out, that was pretty good. And, it only cost $7.50! Not too shabby.

 I spent the day on Sunday recovering from a great day and very little sleep Saturday night. The bridal party, along with some other friends, stayed in a hotel on the square after the nights festivities wrapped up. A hotel room with 3 other chickadees is not a great combo for restful sleep. At least not for me. I'm too light of a sleeper. I made sure to drink lots of water today, drink my raw veggie juice, took a green powdered supplement, and I ate a huge salad for dinner. The weekend was well worth it and a weekend we will always remember!

Today, is another very special party! This one is a private family (just the 3 of us) party for our son's 2nd birthday! These kinds of small family parties are much easier to control in terms of food choices. I haven't come up with the menu for tonight yet, but I'm working on it. It's very possible we may have a mixed raw/cooked meal, but we shall see!

My main reason for sharing my weekend with you is to let you know that you don't have to be perfect every single day! I eat about 80-90% raw with some days at 100%, and I still have those "not so great days" every once in a while.  So, if you have parties coming up for the holidays,  remember to make smart food choices!   If you don't or can't for some reason, don't feel so defeated you stop with your goals altogether. Just get back on your plan ASAP!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET BABY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment