Monday, December 19, 2011

Cilantro Tomato Salad





Ingredients  Makes two small bowls of salad or one large bowl.


1 roma tomato
7 (roughly) grape tomatoes cut in half
1 celery stalk cut into small slices
several small slices of fennel
1/2 of an avocado
1 small bunch of cilantro
several small slices of zucchini (cut into small pieces)
juice from 1/2 a lime
2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1-2 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste

It was my son's 2nd birthday last Monday, and the request for dinner was home made pizza.  Cooked of course! It's what we ate the night he was born. Isn't that just cute! I wanted to make a raw pizza too, but it calls for several hours of prep time d/t the making of the crust. I was just not prepared for that. I ended up throwing this salad together for myself, and it turned out quite tasty. I've made it a couple of times since because it's so easy and good! And no, it doesn't have any leafy greens in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment