Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

Tomato Basil Soup
Do you ever open the frig and just stare? Then try to remind yourself of what you were looking for in the first place? I did that today. I was trying to decide what I could throw together for a quick lunch using some alfalfa spouts, and then got stuck in a black abyss. What I was actually going in there for in the first place, (the alfalfa sprouts) was not what I ended up with. I found some tomatoes and basil that according to my memory, which is not very good, had taken up residence in our frig for longer than they should have. Now, I'm not saying that they were spoiled or anything, just ready to be evicted! So, thanks to the black abyss, here's a little version of Tomato Basil Soup that I came up with. And it's good:) Even with the jalapenos, my son loved it too!

Tomato Basil Soup

4 large tomatoes, (fresh heirloom if in season)
1 cup fresh basil leaves (don't pack)
1 large garlic clove
1 avocado
2 green onions
3 slices jalapeno pepper
1/2 cup water
1/2-1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
pepper to taste

Blend everything together in a food processor and consume!




Although that might be the worst picture of a bowl of soup I've ever seen, it really is good. Don't forget that I'm not a photographer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment