Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another party!

Yes, we had another party last night! It's that time of year!! I just wanted to post about it and show you that it is possible to eat out on occasion and stray too far away from a raw diet. I chose this vegetarian salad below. Now, I typically don't eat dairy, and this salad did have fresh mozzarella, which was quite delicious, but it was a great option for a salad. As you can see below, I moved all of the little tortilla pieces to the side and skipped out on those. 

FRESH MOZZARELLA AND TOMATO PANZANELLA
A bed of fresh spinach and mixed greens topped with fresh mozzarella, cherry and yellow grape tomatoes, fire roasted red peppers and asparagus seasoned with olive oil then tossed with garlic pita. Served with Balsamic Vinaigrette.



 None the less, it's a much better choice than what my husband had. Not saying that it probably didn't taste good, but it's really straying from a raw diet in a big way:)
I happen to love french fries, but do you know that oil becomes rancid when cooked? Yep, there's rancid oil all over those fries! And a dap of high fructose corn syrup to dip them and who would ever know?! Let's not even talk about that non-organic slab of meat or the flour bun! Wait, I do see a piece of lettuce back there, but it's been removed from the burger. Hmmm. Looks like my hubby's plate!!

Good times!! Enjoy your parties this holiday season whatever you choose to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment