Thursday, December 15, 2011

Raw Food Night and a Christmas party!

Maybe I started my week of posts out with good choices and healthy alternatives because I've apparently have been to a lot of parties lately. Well, at least it feels that way. 

As you know, the 2nd Thursday of every month is one of my favorite nights of the month! It's raw food night at the Green Owl Cafe, right here in Madison!! When I realized that my work Christmas party was scheduled on that same night, I had to devise a plan quickly because, you should know by now, that I do not like to miss raw food night! My plan ended including my "picky" husband. I made reservations for both of us to eat the raw food meal prior to us going to the Christmas party. Eric was not real happy about this at first, but it has a happy ending!



Carrot and pineapple juice.

My handsome hubby just wondering what his wife got him into!

Me, thrilled to be just minutes away from some raw food:) And, I am not above finishing the food on Eric's plate if he decides not to eat it!!

 Creamy corn chowder (in the white dish on the plate)
Seasonal salad with beets, pumpkin seeds, red onion, and a creamy cilantro vinaigrette. (on the right, and possibly my favorite)
Stuffed mini pepper "poppers" with cheesy filling
Marinated red cabbage slaw (on the left)
Taco plate with carrot-nut spiced taco filling in a romaine lettuce "shell" with diced tomatoes, yellow squash, guacamole, and pico de gallo. (in the black dishes below)
Mexican cauliflower "rice" (also in one of the small black dishes)

 I am still in shock that Eric not only had a great attitude about eating raw food with me, but he ate every single bite on his plate! This was an excellent start to our night!
 Mexican spiced chocolate cheesecake--- a nut and raw cacao dessert with a hint of Mexican spices served with raspberry sauce.  The sauce was fantastic! I liked the cheesecake as well, but it did have a bit of spicy kick to it. I of course didn't leave a crumb behind!
 The meal above, made it super easy for me to avoid bad choices at the party. I did fill my free drink ticket, but I passed on the cake! My husband however, did not!

No comments:

Post a Comment