Monday, December 5, 2011

Green Lemonade

As I mentioned last week, my mom came for a visit Friday night and Saturday. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed a few raw items while she was here! I made her my favorite juice, but never got around to making this one for her. She liked my favorite juice so much that she made it for my dad when she got home on Saturday! Here's the Green Lemonade that I made after she left.


Green Juice (aka Green Lemonade) Juicer Detox Recipe
head romaine lettuce
5 to 6 stalks of kale
2 sweet apples (I usually use Fuji or Pink Lady apples)
1 whole lemon (organic is best so you don't have to peel it)
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root (optional - but I love this - add to your own taste)
Process the vegetables and fruit through your juicer.
This recipe is from Natalia Rose, who wrote The Raw Food Detox Diet. If you're interested, she has a whole program on helping you to detox! Learn more here.
Lemons are amazing little citrus fruits! Some of the benefits of consuming lemon include, hair and skin care, indigestion, fever, throat infections, constipation, high blood pressure, respiratory disorders, and it's great for the immune system.

This juice is so good! If you like lemon, you'll like this! Unfortunately, I forgot to put ginger in mine, but I'm sure it gives it a nice kick. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment