Friday, December 2, 2011

Butternut Squash Cake

Butternut Squash Cake from Do Eat Raw App.
Happy Friday! I thought we would end this week with a dessert recipe. I made it a couple of weeks ago and figured it was time to share! On another note, my mom is coming for a visit this weekend, and she likes raw food, so I'm hoping to enjoy some fun recipes with her this weekend. YAY!! We are starting off tonight with Raw Taco Boats! I no longer have to make a separate meal for my son (almost 2), because he ate 3 of these the last time I made them! Yes, I'm proud!!
Butternut Squash Cake

The Artisana raw coconut butter is to die for! I personally like it by the spoonful!
 Ingredients
3 cups pecans
1 cup dates
1/2 cup raisins
3 cups butternut squash, seeded
3 tablespoons coconut butter
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons lecithin
3/4 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

** Coconut butter and coconut oil are two different things. Coconut butter has the coconut meat added to it, while the oil is just oil.

For the crust:
Blend pecans, dates, and raisins in a food processor until you get a dough like consistency. Press into a spring form pan and chill.

For the filling:
Blend very well the other ingredients until creamy and smooth.


 Pour filing onto crust and place back in fridge for at least 3-4 hours.




So, let me just say first off that my husband actually ate this, and liked it. I also liked it, but it wasn't one of my favorites. Next time, I'm going to use pumpkin for the filling instead. I'm pretty sure I'll eat the whole thing then! The crust was amazing, but raw butternut squash in a dessert will take some getting used to for me. I would tolerate it better in a meal. I can tell you that it's one of the quickest desserts to make though. Very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment