Monday, May 2, 2011

Fruit Leathers.

Can you remember eating fruit roll ups as a kid? I'm pretty sure my mom didn't buy them very often because we didn't get too many snacks, well, besides oreos. My mom used to get up in the middle of the night to eat those delicious little sandwich cookies, and since I always heard her, I got up and joined in:)  Fruit leathers is one of the things I've been dying to make with my new dehydrator. They are completely raw and have no added sugar, colors, or preservatives. I made two kinds the other night and let them dehydrate overnight at 95 degrees. They are great and my husband even liked them. Finally, he tried something!

Pineapple Banana Leathers

1 banana
3 slices pineapple
squeeze of lemon juice

blend all ingredients and smooth them out on the teflex dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate 12-14 hours (or until fruit easily peels off sheets) at 95 degrees.

Strawberry Apple Leathers

1 apple (don't peel or core it)
4 pitted dates
1 to 1 1/2 cups whole strawberries
1 inch piece of vanilla bean cut into small pieces

Blend all ingredients. Spread onto teflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for 12-14 hours (or until fruit easily peels off sheets) at 95 degrees.


Spread as evenly as possible.


The fruit peels very easily off of the Teflex when done.

Cut the large sheets into smaller squares.

Roll them in saran wrap or press and seal wrap. I prefer press and seal wrap because it holds better.

Now, eat up and feel like a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment