Monday, May 16, 2011

Raw Oatmeal

Raw Oatmeal

by Nomi Shannon

© 1998 Nomi Shannon. Please copyright notice below.
1/2 Cup raw whole oats *, soaked overnight in pure water to cover.
1/4 Cup almonds, soaked overnight in pure water to cover.
2 figs or 2 pitted dates, soaked in 1/2 cup pure water overnight.
1/2 banana 

dash of cinnamon
In the morning, drain and discard water from oats and almonds. Rinse almonds. Put oats, almonds, fruit and fruit soak water in blender and blend until fairly smooth. Add banana and cinnamon and blend quickly. Serves 1. Eat immediately.


This is AMAZING! I really liked the slight taste of almonds, while still tasting so similar to real oatmeal. I personally think it's better than your typical everyday oatmeal! Super easy recipe!!




Soak overnight.

Add to food processor. 

You can add almond milk or more date soak water  if you prefer a more runny oatmeal.

Sorry about the quality of this picture. I'm not a photographer! This picture does not in any way, shape, or form do the oatmeal justice:)
I made my oatmeal for 4 people, and instead of using 2 dates per serving, I used 1. I didn't want it to be too sweet. I also used 3/4 cups of water to soak the dates  in instead of the 1/2 cup. I did add about 1- 1 1/2 tsp of raw agave nectar in mine. We put bananas, raisins, and cinnamon on top. Get this: MY HUSBAND ATE SOME, and liked it! HALLELUJAH! This is the first thing he's actually tried, so it made me happy:)


My brother and sister-in-law were here to try it, and they both thought it was amazing as well. Nice and filling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment