Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms

Today was my birthday and I spent it making these stuffed mushrooms! I also made some quiche, which I'll post later since they have to dehydrate for up to 24 hours. It was a great way to spend my birthday since I LOVE trying new raw recipes and I just so happened to have the house to myself for a few hours! Enjoy!


Stuffed Mushrooms
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, packed leaves, chopped
1/3 cup fresh basil, packed leaves, chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup tomato, chopped
2 tbs Braggs or to taste

Put all ingredients into a food processor, except the tomatoes, and pulse chop several times. Stop to scrape down the sides and repeat. Add the tomatoes and continue to pulse chop until just blended. Keep a texture to a pesto, it should not be a puree. Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff the filling into the cap of the mushroom. Place on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 2-4 hours.



Wash mushrooms and remove stems.

Separately, these are some of my very favorite ingredients. I could drink the Braggs and Lemon juice I think!




I seriously wanted to eat this filling with a spoon it was so delicious.


I had some extra filling so I stuffed half of a bell pepper.

These were actually dehydrated 1 hour too long because we were out for my birthday dinner, and I forgot about them! Oops. They still turned out amazing!!
This little stuffed pepper was delish as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment