Friday, May 20, 2011

Be Creative.


The other day I was looking for something super fast and easy for a little snack, so I decided on trail mix. All you need is some simple raw ingredients to throw together and some creativity! Here's what I used:

Cashews
Almonds
Sunflower Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Raisins
Dried Cranberries
Oh yeah, and today I added some chocolate chips to my serving for some added sweetness! Mmmm!

As far as measurements, just eyeball it and see what looks good:) That's really what I did. Here's a big guesstimate, but I probably used about 1/2 cup of cashews and almonds, 1/3 cup of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and about 1/3 cup of raisins and cranberries. Like I said, that's a big guess!

There are so many options to use for trail mix. If you have any dried fruit like mango, apple, or banana, that would be delicious as well! Or you could add some super foods like goji berries or dried yacon.

Be creative and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment