Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sun Warrior Protein!

So, I told you yesterday that I had found a raw-vegan protein powder that I was in love with. I've been looking forward to sharing it with you for some time now, but wanted to make sure I really liked it first. I am by no means saying I'm a protein expert, but over the years, I have tried a lot of different varieties and have learned a fair amount them. I've tried several different vegan proteins as well, but wasn't too crazy about any of them. Of course I'm sure there are plenty out there that I have not tried. 

Over the years of drinking protein shakes, I have sampled many conventional types of whey proteins that also don't taste that great. I prefer to stay away from dairy so whey is obviously not a good choice. Protein isolates tend to be processed so I try to stay away from those as well. Over the past 4 1/2 years I've been using a whey protein isolate made by my competition nutritional trainer. It's been the best tasting whey protein I've ever had, but I just prefer to be as raw and unprocessed as possible, especially considering my raw food lifestyle. So, introducing Sun Warrior Raw Vegan protein powder.

Sprouted whole grain brown rice protein
I love this stuff! It has all of the complete amino acids needed to help build healthy lean muscle. I like to mix mine with almond milk. You could experiment with other nut milks too to give it a slightly different taste.
There's also a new Warrior Blend made with pea protein, cranberry protein, hemp protein, and coconut MCT's. It has a very high amount of glutamine, leucine, lysine, arginine, and branch chain amino acids. It helps to improve your overall health and boosts the immune system. Both types of protein are non-gmo, all natural, gluten free, and contain no chemicals or artificial ingredients. Check out this video below to get more info about the Warrior Blend.

http://youtu.be/FUHQkMECPuw


Nutrition Facts

Sunwarrior Protein - Raw Sprouted Whole Grain Brown Rice Protein Powder

  1.   
Calories70Sodium50 mg
Total Fat1 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs4 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein16 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium6%
Vitamin C0%Iron20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Sunwarrior - Warrior Blend Raw Protein Plant Based Vanilla

  1.   
Calories84Sodium0 mg
Total Fat1 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs4 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars3 g
Trans0 gProtein16 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.



The prices for the Sunwarrior protein vary from about $42-48 per 2 lb bag. I found a place to get it at $35 a bag, so stay tuned for that info coming soon!

2 comments: