Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Raw Chocolate Fudge.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

I had every intention of blogging early today, but it just never happened. Sometimes the days just get away from me. But, late is better than never!!  I feel like valentine's day is all about chocolate and flowers. At least that's what's advertised all over the place. So, in honor of a healthy valentine's day, I just wanted to say, "Do something good for your heart, nutritionally good!" Below a great heart healthy fudge recipe by Shannon Leonne. 




 CHOCOLATE FUDGE BY SHANNON LEONNE

¼ c coconut butter raw, unbleached and organic!
¼ c raw honey
¼ c organic cacao powder, the cacao bean is the actual chocolate bean, only unroasted with tons of antioxidants and love chemicals
½ t vanilla
1 drop pure organic essential oil of peppermint, or orange, or lavender, or cinnamon
Blend away to Chocolate Heaven, freeze for a more solid consistency


 Below is my free hand heart shaped fudge. You could totally use a spatula to flatten the bumps out, but I was in a hurry. I put mine in the freezer and it turned out perfect. I placed my heart on waxed paper so that I could easily remove it once it hardened.
 Turn it over, and here's what it looked like! I had a couple of girlfriends over tonight, and I mentioned that I had great ideas of a strawberry or raspberry drizzle, but that didn't happen either. So, here's the end result and it was quite tasty! The honey gives it the fudge type consistency and the coconut butter allowed it to harden. It tastes like a nice mix of honey and dark chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment