Monday, February 6, 2012

A rough start.

Since we've been back for a week now, I should probably get you up to speed on our vacation. It was absolutely amazing! We had perfect weather and lots of time to rest and relax.

I wasn't all that sure how the week was going to go as far as maintaining a high raw diet, but it didn't start out so great. I had great plans of bringing some things along with me, but my husband unexpectedly put a wrench in those plans. The day before we were supposed to leave, he got sick. Probably a bit of a GI bug. I got a prescription of zofran (anti-nausea) medication for him so he could tolerate being upright. I was SO worried that he wouldn't feel good enough to enjoy our trip. The poor guy slept all day Saturday and all day on Sunday, including our flight. We even went to bed about 830pm on Sunday night, which was our first night in the Dominican.

Anyway, I had fully intended to do all of my packing on Saturday before we headed down to Illinois, but with him being sick, I didn't really get to it all. I ended up having to do alot in a little amount of time while attempting to take care of the little man, and I don't mean my husband:) Our 2 year old tends to want all of the attention all of the time, so sometimes things get challenging. I was a bit concerned that our son might get whatever Eric had, but I dosed him up on some vitamin D, lots of fresh juice, vitamins, and minerals. I even left some Zofran for him with pediatric dosing instructions just in case! In all of the chaos, I only forgot to pack a few clothing items, which didn't end up being a huge deal. I did however forget my vitamins, raw vegan protein powder, snack items, and my green food supplements. I figured it would be nice to have some raw snacks and my green food powder to help me stick with my normal routine. Since I forgot most of it, I ran to the local health food store down in Illinois to pick up snacks and green food powder. I had to just forget about the vitamins and protein powder.

Upon our arrival to our resort in Punta Cana, we realized that the buffet style restaurants were only open at certain hours of the day. I've been to at least 7 all-inclusive resorts and have never encountered a place that has hours. I was a little worried about eating salad all day and then not being able to get anything else for several hours. It ended up being ok, but I do like to eat/snack at least every 2-3 hours through out the day.

Although I figured it may be a rough week of eating, it turned out just fine! Come on back tomorrow and I'll share what I ended up eating for the week! I have some sunny pictures to share as well!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you ate. Love U - Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete