Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Apple chips

Dehydrated apple chips
These little apple chips are one of my favorite dehydrated snacks. They have such a great flavor. Here's what you will need:

apples (I prefer more sour apples)
raw agave nectar
cinnamon

I core my apple and then run it through the food processor to get even cuts supper fast. This helps them to dry evenly. I dried mine on 90 degrees for about 4 hours. 
 Drizzle agave nectar over sliced apples and then sprinkle on some cinnamon. Mix them all up and place onto dehydrator sheets.




As I mentioned on Monday, I started a new job this week! I left the emergency department to take a job doing pediatric critical care transports. We pick up sick children from birth to 18ish and transport them back to a hospital where they can get a higher level of care. I never thought I would I would specialize in pediatric critical care, but I absolutely love it! It's an amazing feeling to help an innocent little child. Such a difference between kids and adults! Anyway, on Monday we did back to back calls that lasted from 1015 until about 6pm. No time for lunch breaks when you are rushing to and from hospitals trying to get a kid stabilized and in a place where they can get the best care possible. So, these apple chips, along with the snack bars that I shared with you yesterday were shoved in my pockets for snacking in between transports. Life savers for me, so I can help be a life saver for a little one:)
Delicious!







No comments:

Post a Comment