Friday, October 28, 2011

Welcome home!

I am SO super excited to introduce you to the newest member of our family! Yep, this beautiful twin gear Green Star Elite! 

 I have been wanting to add this little gadget to our kitchen for a very long time. I did lots of research and this is the one I decided on. It's easy to clean, yields alot more juice than most juicers, and doesn't heat and kill the enzymes like some do. It does quite a bit, but I've only used it for juicing so far!
 As you can imagine, I used it the very night in came to live with us! My first juice experiment was greens. My old juicer didn't juice greens well at all, so I have been missing out on all of those healthy nutrients! My husband and son were pretty psyched about it too.
 My husband has been great about making me juices almost every day if I don't get to it first. He's so sweet!
 Our most popular juice around here is carrot/apple. My hubby watched a documentary on the Gerson Theory, and that is the blend they use 8 times a day! It's a very controversial approach to cancer treatment in case you aren't aware of it! I'm quite supportive of the idea!
Our local Coop has 5 and 20 pound bags of carrots! 
And huge bags of juicing apples too! All organic!
I have a built in helper now that begs to make juice multiple times a day! He gets fresh juice everyday and I'm so happy he likes it!

 And there's very little pulp left and lots of juice! I guess I forgot to take a picture of our juice!!


It seems like there are lots of parts, but it seems easier to clean than our last one. It's actually quite easy!
Drying after cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment