Tuesday, October 25, 2011

To Die For Raw Chocolate Pudding!

In case you've been wondering, I am quite aware that I have yet to post a trial of a dessert recipe I have tried.  I'm not an "every day dessert" kind of gal, but I think I want to be after trying this pudding! AHHMazing is all I can say! 

BTW, I found this recipe on Joanne Gero's website (www.vibealive.ca), my new addiction as of late! She is a Naturopathic Doctor (one of my dream jobs) from Canada, and I stumbled upon her website while doing research about raw vegan bodybuilding. She competes on a raw diet, and I think I love her! So, you'll be seeing some super great recipes from her website that I have tried;)

Here's what you will need:
2 avocados
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup raw cacao powder 
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup raw agave nectar
2 Tbs maple syrup (you should be able to find unpasteurized)
1/2 tsp real vanilla
pinch of celtic sea salt

I got this raw cacao for free! Yes, free! I ordered off of David's Wolf's website, the longevity warehouse, and they were sending a free 1lb. bag with every order! It's delicious! And don't forget that agave nectar has a low glycemic index.

 You basically just blend all of the above ingredients together in your food processor. I do have to admit, I was a bit hesitant to attempt this recipe. I have tried raw pudding before and it DID NOT taste good. My poor Dad ate it, but he'll eat just about anything;) I failed along the line somewhere, but I think, I mean I know I redeemed myself with this recipe!!
I really super love avocados! Not what you think of when you think "chocolate pudding," but you will not notice them I  promise. Such a great healthy fat!


Just look at that! It's so creamy!
Here, take a closer look:
 Want some?
 Open wide:
Ok, so now that your mouth is watering, go home and make some of this super healthy and delicious pudding! Besides the taste, the best part is that it's 100% guilt free!

I'm am super excited to tell you that Eric, the picky husband, enjoyed this very much and will be eating it again! I'll convert him yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment