Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stuffed Tomatoes




INGREDIENTS
2-4 medium tomatoes 
1 cucumber (cubed)
1/4 – 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
1-2 tbsp shallot (finely chopped)

ROSEMARY CASHEW CHEESE
1 cup cashews (soaked 6 hrs)
1 tbsp rosemary (finely chopped)
3/4 tsp himalayan salt
1/4 cup water 
1 tbsp shallot (chopped)
1/2 lemon (juiced)
In a mortar and pestle (if you don’t have, use a bowl and a bottom of a cup), add rosemary and salt and grind together well.  Set aside.  Rinse cashews and add to a blender with all remaining 5 ingredients to make the cheese.  Puree mixture.
In a bowl, mix together cubed cucumbers and 1-2 tbsp of cheese.   To mixture add desired amount of sprouts and shallots and mix well.  Add more cheese as needed and reserve remainder for dip or pizza.
To stuffed the tomatoes cut the tops off and scoop out the seeds and veins.  Fill tomatoes with cucumber mixture and enjoy.

 I don't have a mortar and pestle, so I just ground my rosemary and salt on my cutting board with the bottom of a measuring cup. You do this to help release the oils in the rosemary.
Sauce
I just realized I forgot to take pictures of the cubed cucumber (say that fast 10 times!) and the shallots. Guess I was so excited I forgot!
Slice off the top of your tomatoes

Cut around the edges.

Spoon out the meat. You can use the meat of the tomato in a salad or soup recipe so you don't waste it.

Any kind of sprouts are a very good source of usable protein.
 And there you have it! Very fast recipe and tastes great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment