Friday, October 21, 2011

Veggie Wraps with Smackdown Sauce and some new research!!

Veggies Wraps with Smackdown Sauce  By the Raw Food Muscle



INGREDIENTS
2 spring roll wrappers
4 romaine lettuce leaves (crush stems for easier rolling)
4 red cabbage (thinly sliced)
1 carrot (long shavings)
1 cucumber (sliced julienne)
1 avocado (thinly sliced)


I found these at our local Coop.


SMACKDOWN SAUCE
1 cup sunflower seeds (soaked 3 hrs)
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp almond milk
1/2 lemon (juiced)
2 tbsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
1 tbsp mellow white miso
3/4 tsp ginger (diced)
Cut vegetables according to ingredients list above.
To soften the spring roll, run under water for 30 seconds to 1 minute until flimsy. Carefully place the wrapper onto the counter top (not wood). First place 2 lettuce leaves on bottom 1/3 of the wrapper then add cabbage, carrot, and cucumber on top of lettuce. In the middle section of the wrapper above the mix of vegetables create a single line of avocado slices leaving the outer edges for folding in when rolling. From the bottom of the wrapper start rolling away from you using your finger tip to tuck and tighten as you roll. Half way through fold in the outer edges continuing to roll to the end. The wrappers will self seal due to its stickiness. Cut in half and set aside.
In a blender add all the ingredients to the smackdown sauce and puree. Serve on the side of the wraps and enjoy.

Julienne Peeler


Be careful not to tear the spring roll skin as you roll. I couldn't placed the avocado closer to the center here. 

Sorry about the shadow. I'm not a photographer and shooting one handed with a large camera is not easy!
 Voila! There you go! This is a very quick and easy recipe, which I love!

This smackdown sauce is quite tasty!!
You may have noticed above that this recipe was from the Raw Food Muscle.  I have been doing some recent research on raw vegan diets and bodybuilding. Yes, that's correct, there are vegan raw food bodybuilders out there. And most importantly, they look like bodybuilders and not thin little twigs. (wink) I am personally thrilled about this!!!!!! Many of you may not know that I hold a pro card in the WNBF (World Natural Bodybuilding Federation) as a figure competitor. It's probably the  biggest thing that has kept me from going to a more full time raw vegan diet. I do as much as I can, but still have been consuming a lot of animal proteins. I do not think that animal protein is very healthy for our digestive systems, but I didn't think I could continue to grow muscle without it. Boy have I been mislead! I am on about day 10 now with no animal proteins! YAY ME!! I'm going to continue my research and this diet! The interesting part of my research will come over the next year! Since my last competition in spring of 2010, I have lost a lot of muscle, and I'm now starting over! My goal is to compete in October of 2012, unless I happen to get pregnant in the near future;)



Happy Friday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment