Monday, October 31, 2011

A quick tip.

We make smoothies alot around here, and I tend to be a little picky about how mine turns out. I like my smoothies to be thick and creamy! Every so often, I do a freezing day. I cut up fruit that I use in my smoothies and freeze them. Bananas, mangoes, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, etc. It makes it so easy to grab a baggie of frozen fruit and toss it directly into the blender. If I had a vitamix, I would probably not cut my bananas up so small. My little banana slicer (the yellow piece of equipment in the picture) makes it extremely easy though.


Throw them into the freezer and they make a perfectly thick and frozen smoothie!

2 comments:

  1. That is the first banana slicer I have ever seen. What a good tip, esp. for someone such as myself who cannot pass up the "rotten" bananas in the markdown bins! Never thought to slice and freeze. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Hexe! This particular slicer is pretty amazing. I actually use it for strawberries too if I'm making a fruit salad of sorts. Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete