Thursday, October 13, 2011

Miso Dip


Miso Dip from Gone Raw

Ingredients: 
Juice from 1 Lemon
3 or 4 spoonfuls of miso ... Aka works best
5 or 6 spoonfuls of tahini (made with olive oil in my case)
Preparation: 
I made the tahini ahead of time using sesame seeds and olive oil in the food processor. I let it go for a long time to get it really mixed together well. Preferred texture is as thick as possible, but I've tried with creamy and it works, but it's harder to scoop. You could try just with just sesame seeds if your food processor can handle it. This mixture will stay good in your fridge for a long time. When I get the munchies I juice 1 lemon, and depending on the size of the lemon, add in the miso and tahini.

Great recipe from Gone Raw! Below is my, Joie's, creation!!

I found this Miso at Whole Foods and picked up the Tahini at Hyvee.
I always keep Miso and Tahini on hand in case I need it. Both of these have an expiration date of two years so they won't go bad! The Tahini I had, happened to be roasted, but if you have the sesame seeds and olive oil, you could make the REAL RAW version;)


 It's great with fresh cut veggies or you could even make some raw crackers. I didn't have time for that today so I settled for veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment