Monday, October 24, 2011

It's that time of year!

RAW CHILI from www.vibealive.ca


I don't know about you, but I love a bowl of chili when the weather starts cooling down. It's kind of one of those comfort/winter foods that helps me get into the the fall/winter spirit! Ok, so not really! I hate winter, but I do love chili so here ya go!

INGREDIENTS:
3 tomatoes
2 celery stalks
1/2 cucumber
1/2 red pepper with seeds
1/2 large portabella mushroom (may leave this out if desired)
1/2 of a lemon juiced or about 1/3 cup
1 fresh chive
3-4 Tbs of hemp seeds
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp to 1 Tbs cumin (I used a full Tbs.)
3 Tbs chili powder
2 Tbs cold pressed olive oil
2 Tbs Nama Shoya
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt or celtic sea salt
1/2 cup dulse (you can also leave this out)
handful of sunflower sprouts

This seems like a lot of ingredients, but it's super easy and fast. I don't have a vitamix, so I peeled my cucumber and put the garlic through a press before I blended everything. I didn't use the mushroom, dulse, or sunflower sprouts because this was a last minute meal and I didn't have them on hand. I had broccoli sprouts, but wasn't sure I wanted to use them in place of the sunflower sprouts. So, place everything in the blender and blend away!


I don't mind tellin ya that this stuff is pretty darn delicious! I will definitely be making it again and again;)

No comments:

Post a Comment