Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Raw Tomato Basil Soup.

There are tons of recipes for Raw Tomato Soup out there, but what I loved about this one was the fresh basil. I'm not sure there is any herb that I like better than basil. It's so delicious when paired with tomatoes.  This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and it's SO amazing!




RAW TOMATO BASIL SOUP
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped and seeded
1/4 C. water
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic (1 clove)
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. fresh minced dill or basil, or 1/2 tsp. dried



I added a generous amount of pepper to mine as well.

I did not seed my tomatoes, but you could if you wanted. I don't mind the seeds, and when you are trying to tend to a 16 month old, there just isn't time for that!! I used several leaves of fresh basil, which is much better than using dried. I can only imagine that this soup will taste even better with fresh "in season" tomatoes! 


If time allows, tomorrow I will be making Russell James' Portabello Kebabs with Asian Slaw. I have been dying to try it, but it's been an extended busy weekend with work. I'll be enjoying several days off after today! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment