Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cream of Cucumber Soup

Tonight I got home from work and really wanted a super easy and refreshing soup for dinner. It was 80 degrees and humid today so I decided on this Cream of Cucumber Soup. How much more refreshing can you get than cucumbers?! I have been on a cucumber high lately. I just love them and they are so great for hydration. Anyway, this recipe honestly took less than 15 minutes to make, and that is with a few interruptions from a very nosy 16 month old:)

CREAM OF CUCUMBER SOUP
4 chopped romaine lettuce leaves (about 1.5 cups)
1 peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber (about 1 cup) I left the seeds in mine
1/2 C. water
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic (about 1 clove)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 ripe chopped avocado
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. fresh minced herbs or 1 tsp. dried (I used dried parsley)
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth!

Simple ingredients



Blend all ingredients in blender

The end result (without a pretty presentation because I was tired) HeHe!  A busy ER will do that to a gal:)

My guinea pig! He loved it!
I do have to admit that I prefer the WARM SUNFLOWER SPROUT SOUP over this one, but this was tasty and just what I needed tonight!

I'm currently soaking some nuts, raisins, and dates for a yummy "hearty breakfast" that I will eat tomorrow before work. I'll give you the details tomorrow evening on how it turns out:) I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment