Thursday, November 17, 2011

Raw Night Out!

On the second Thursday of every month, The Green Owl Cafe, has a raw food menu! It's the only establishment around that serves a raw meal. Bummer! Anyway, I'm glad there's at least one. It's quite popular because things go very fast unless you call ahead to reserve your raw food. I was blessed with the presence of two lovely ladies and we had a great time! It was a wonderful start to my weekend!!

These mini quiches took 36 hours in the dehydrator. Wow! Talk about lengthy food prep!

Mini spinach and "cheese" quiches. 
 I forgot to take a picture of the main course until I was already eating it! The walnut-cranberry salad was probably my favorite. The sauce on the "meat loaf" was so salty I couldn't finish mine.
Harvest Plate with onion bread, walnut-cranberry cauliflower "rice", walnut-vegetable "meatloaf" with tomato glaze.

French onion soup.
I was less impressed this visit. Everything was good, but just too salty for my taste. Someone got carried away with the Nama Shoya I think!! Unfortunately, we didn't get to have the salad they offered, but maybe next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment