Monday, November 21, 2011

Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Let's start the week out with dessert, shall we? This recipe is E (my picky husband) approved!

Raw Cookie Dough from Oh She Glows.

1 3/4 cups ground raw cashews (I soaked mine for about 1 hour prior to grinding)
3/4 cup raw oats ground (I used my raw oat groats)
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil

Grind cashews and oats in food processor. Hand mix the rest of the ingredients together with the cashews and oats.

Raw Chocolate Chips

2 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup carob powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 tablespoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix all ingredients in medium sized bowl then roll it out on parchment paper. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. May turn it over at 15 minutes. Once frozen, cut into chips. A pastry slicer or pizza slicer would work.

Mix chips and dough and enjoy!!










You can place the remaining dough balls into the frig on parchment paper. They will get pretty hard.

I actually didn't have the carob powder (you could substitute cocoa powder instead) on hand.  Since I made these by my husband's request, I just used organic chocolate chips. Probably not quite as healthy, but a safer choice since the "picky man" was eating them for the first time. He actually enjoyed them! My guess is that he will eat them for breakfast tomorrow. Bad habit of his!

No comments:

Post a Comment