Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mostly Raw Taco Boats

Before I begin to tell you about these delicious taco boats, I first have to make you aware that a true miracle occurred at our house last night! Honestly, it's so exciting I'm going to be jumping up and down about it for weeks, maybe even months!! Okay, are you ready to hear about it? Here goes: My husband, the pickiest and most unwilling person to try anything new or different, tried these taco boats for dinner last night! WOOHOO! Not only did he try them, he ate 4 of them!! This is why I had to call them "Mostly Raw Taco Boats." You see, in order to make them just a little familiar to him, I let him add a few non-raw things to them. I bought organic taco shells for him to eat his "meat" out of instead of the romaine lettuce leafs. I also opened some canned olives and had some real sour cream for him. I had some real cheese on backup as well, but we didn't need it! I'm so proud of him! He's come a long way. So, if you are wondering if they are good, wonder no longer! If my husband ate them, they must be good:)

I have to admit, I do not remember where I got the cheese recipe from. There are so many out there. I'm always good about giving credit where credit is due, but this time I just can't recall!

The "meat" recipe comes from Joanne Gero, a naturopathic doctor from Canada. She has lots of recipe videos posted on you tube. 

RAW TACO MEAT
1 cup soaked Almonds
Cayenne pinch
2 Tbs Chili powder
1 Tbs Cilantro
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp Cumin
Sea Salt pinch

Blend the above ingredients in a food processor. Don't over blend because you want some texture so it actually looks like ground meat. 

Soaked Almonds and Cashews for Raw Taco Boats


A delicious bowl of Raw Taco "Meat."
RAW CHEESE
1 cup Cashews soaked
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 Tbs Lemon
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
1/4 cup water (I actually did not add any water to mine.)

Blend the above ingredients in a food processor.



 EXTRAS
Romaine lettuce
Tomatoes
Avocado
Salsa

If you have a person in your family that's a bit leary of the raw food thing, some is better than none, so add what you need too! Like I mentioned before, I had organic corn taco shells and real sour cream for my hubby.

 Fill your Romaine boats with the fixings and enjoy! I also think that salsa adds a great touch too!


I highly recommend you try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment