Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Controversial Post!

In case you didn't remember, my husband loves documentaries. One weekend when I was out of town, he watched, "The Gerson Miracle." I titled this blog post "Controversial Post," because the Gerson miracle documents Dr. Gerson's discoveries of a cure for cancer through diet. There are many beliefs for and against the Gerson Miracle, and although this post isn't specifically about Dr. Gerson's discoveries, it's about one of his diet treatments: Juice! When undergoing the Gerson treatment, patients drink 13 glasses of fresh raw juice a day. That's not all they get, but it's just the biggest part. They get fresh raw orange juice at breakfast, 8 glasses of carrot and apple juice, and 4 green juices throughout the day. My husband decided it would be good for us to start juicing carrot and apple juice everyday, which prompted him suggesting we buy a new juicer. Yay me!! I'd been begging for a while, but thanks to Dr. Gerson I finally got an upgrade. 


Dr. Gerson said that by pressing the carrots and apples, a reaction takes place that provides the healing properties of the juice. Before we bought our new juicer, I squeezed the pulp through a mesh bag since our old juicer didn't press through any of the process. Not fun! You will have to watch the video to get details about how this juice works. I don't remember things so well and I only watched it once!




We drink this multiple times a day at our house. Our son absolutely loves to help juice and partake!


Let me just tell you that this juice is so delicious! Since we started doing it, we've added kale to the recipe so we get the benefits of greens too. I personally have my own beliefs about Gerson's theory, but regardless of whether it actually heals cancer or not, I can tell you there are no bad or ill side effects from drinking some fresh apple and carrot juice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment