Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Italian Lemon Dressing

What do you think about salad dressings? I absolutely love them, and especially if they are not your typical store bought flavors.  Someday I'll break my husband of Hidden Valley Ranch!

So anyway, my husband and I ate dinner out the other night, and I ordered a salad. There are so few restaurants that cater to a raw diet. Ok, so there are almost zero restaurants that cater to a raw diet! A salad was the best I could do. I was particularly drawn to it because it came with a lemon/olive oil dressing. It was so amazing I had to create my own version of it!

INGREDIENTS

1 lemon juiced
1/2 cup sunflower or olive oil
1-2 inches of Italian herbs
OR if you have fresh on hand:
basil, garlic, oregano, thyme
The amounts will depend on if you're using fresh or dried. I'm sure there's some variation of flavor, but that's half the fun of making your own!
Best to use cold pressed oil.
Blend all ingredients in a blender.

 Create any mixed green salad you like and top with the Raw Italian Lemon Dressing.

Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment