Monday, March 19, 2012

Keep it Simple!

Keep it Simple!

I wanted to post these two pictures just to show that raw food consumption doesn't have to be complicated! I had this veggie plate for dinner the other night. I had some red pepper hummus, which wasn't raw, but it's still healthy and better than many alternatives! There are plenty of recipes out there for raw hummus, but if you don't have time to make your own this is a great option. If you can see, I have raw asparagus on the plate, which is a new venture for me. I absolutely love asparagus, but didn't think I could do it raw. Well, I did and it's not too bad.

This is how I normally eat asparagus: Either steamed for about 4-5 min or placed in boiling water for about 3. It's stays crunchy this way and doesn't overcook it. I like it with fresh lemon juice, a touch of olive oil, and S&P. I eat large plates of it like this very often!!
This is a salad that I made with avocado, tomato, green pepper, asparagus, sunflower sprouts and pea shoots, mixed greens, s&p, and my favorite dressing: lemon and apple cider vinegar!

So, go eat something simple and raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment