Thursday, March 22, 2012

Beet Juice

 Fresh juice is one of the healthiest things you can make for yourself. It's also important to try and mix it up a little so your body gets a wider variety of nutrients. I used to juice beets all the time, but kind of got tired of them. I bought a bunch of them the other day and made this super yummy juice! It's a little sweeter to offset the earthy taste of the beets. I like Gabe to drink everything I make, so sweet is ok when it comes from fresh organic fruits!
 Here's what I used:
2 small beets
3 apples
2 oranges
You can adjust the amount based on what taste you prefer. I used the smallest screen possible to get very little pulp, but for some reason I still had to run the juice through a nut milk bag because it was still pretty pulpy. I don't mind it so much, but I didn't think Gabe would drink it with all of the pulp.

 It was so good and so pretty too! I've always said I wish I had a lip stain made from beets:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I might have to put beets on my grocery list tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another beet recipe for you too! It's one on my list I was talking about today!

    ReplyDelete