Monday, January 16, 2012

Raw Food Night!

It WAS that time again: raw food night at the Green Owl Cafe! I so much look forward to having someone else make a raw meal for me. Unfortunately, it was the one night that we finally got snow, and the roads were awful. So, I did miss the raw night this month, but I'm hoping for success next month. Anyway, when I called to make my reservations a couple of weeks ago (yes, and I was the first person to make a reservation), I spoke with the dessert chef, who informed me of the menu idea they were working on. I happen to love ethnic foods, so this was going to be a real treat: raw food, Russian style!! Here's the rundown of what I almost ate:

SMALL PLATES

Seasonal salad of fresh greens, orange sections, shaved fennel, and pinenuts with a light vinaigrette
Borscht soup: beet, tomato and cabbage soup with cashew sour cream adn fresh dill
Cabbage rolls with herbed cauliflower and parsnip rice filling and fresh tomato sauce

ENTREE

Mushroom stroganoff with creamy mushroom sauce over wide-cut vegetable noodles with side fo caraway-flax bread and cucumber salad

DESSERT

Raw Russian Teacakes with raw ice cream.
 I'm still so disappointed that I didn't get to go, but now I'm just looking forward to next month even more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment