Saturday, April 21, 2012

Raw Food Night at Green Owl Cafe.

So, you all know just how much I love raw food night! The last one was back on April 12th at the Green Owl Cafe. I have been thinking about posting this since the day after, but time slipped away from me. I didn't have to have a one on one date with my 2 year old this time, although I wouldn't have minded. My husband and I went with a co worker of mine and her husband, so it was nice to have conversational company! We did bring Gabe along with us, but he sat and watched "Dora" the whole time. Sad I know! 

Here are the pictures that I took (from my phone since I can't seem to remember my camera) of our raw food courses. It was a good night to have my picky husband and newbies because it was a Mexican themed meal. Who doesn't like Mexican food? Well, I'm sure there are some people, but this is always a great start to raw food.

Small Plates

Cucumber-Pineapple Gazpacho (I love this soup! I have made a similar version at home before so I was excited for this.)

Seasonal salad of fresh greens, orange sections, red pepper slices, corn tortilla croutons, and creamy avocado citrus dressing topped with pumpkin seeds. (I enjoyed this, but it could've used a bit more dressing. Everyone else put the gazpacho on their salad as a dressing)
 Sweet pepper rellenos-sweet baby bell peppers filed with a nut-based taco "meat" filling and topped with creamy cilantro-lime sauce. (These were definitely my favorite part of the meal. They were SO amazing! If you look at the back of the plate below you can see the little orange peppers.)


Raw tacos in fresh corn tortillas-corn tortilla shells filled with spicy sunflower seed "bean" filling, lettuce, tomato, onion, and yellow zucchini, guacamole and pico de gallo. Served with fresh Mexican coleslaw. (I thought these were great too, but everyone else thought they were a bit too spicy. The shells weren't as crunchy as a typical "American shell" but they were dehydrated of course. I would eat this meal again any day!)
 
 Mexican Slaw. Delicious!

 Pina Colada Cheesecake-fresh pineapple and nut-based dessert including coconut and macadamia nuts. (My favorite part of this was the pineapple layer on the very top. Gabe didn't hesitate to eat a large portion of mine!)

 

3 comments:

  1. YUM! I wish I had been able to come up for that night! I can't wait to try Florida's version of raw food night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great!! L, you will have to come again after baby:-) Em, I wish you had been here too! I'm so stinkin excited about our trip I can hardly wait. I think the place we are going to try will be amazing. I may have to order multiple items!!

    ReplyDelete