Monday, August 15, 2011

The Green Owl.

Unfortunately, there are no raw food restaurants here in the Madison area. One local restaurant, The Green Owl, has a raw food night the second Thursday of every month. I've been wanting to go for a long time now, and finally went this past Thursday with a couple of girlfriends.
The Green Owl. Normally they serve all vegetarian meals.
Squash blossoms with herbed nut cheese.

Heirloom tomato gazpacho.

Kale chips. I think mine are better:)

coconut cake with raw cacao topping
The food was amazing! We got there too late to enjoy all of the raw food options including, fresh corn polenta cakes with heirloom tomato-summer squash ratatouille and a veggie salad with cherry vinaigrette. What we had was worth it in my opinion! I saw some nice little squash blossoms in my garden today that I think I'll eat this week. I LOVED the gazpacho so much. I have looked for recipe after recipe of something similar to what we had. I even bought some heirloom tomatoes today so I can try my own version of the gazpacho. Coconut is not usually my favorite, but this dessert was very good. I personally would've had less middle and more cacao! I can't wait to go again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment