Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is a documentary that Eric found on Netflix the other day. It's about an Australian who decides to take his poor health in his own hands and cure himself by juicing. Very interesting documentary. My hubby is not a fan of this whole raw food stuff. He's a bit picky to say the least:) (I love you babe!) Anyway, it motivated him to start juicing more, which makes me an incredibly happy woman! He even stopped the show in the middle so we could come up to the kitchen and make some fresh juice.

 It happens to be a great time of year for us to be juicing so much, because I have quite a few veggies in my garden that I could never eat alone. Juicing takes alot more, so nothing goes to waste! 

 Someday I'm going to invest in a new juicer:) I've had this juicer for about 10 years I think! Yikes! It still works, just doesn't do leafy greens the best.
 I know it can be hard to get your kids to eat veggies too, but I'm pretty sure they will love fresh raw juice. I love it for my son because he still can't chew alot of healthy greens that I would like him to eat. Run it through the juicer and they get all of the healthy benefits! Just make sure to drink it right away when it's nice and fresh!
It seems like I put a different combo of veggies in the juicer everyday. Some taste better than others, but I love the variety. My son absolutely loves to help push veggies down the little shoot! Add a lemon, lime, or fresh ginger for a nice little zing to your juice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment