Thursday, August 11, 2011

Busy, Busy!

I seem to be so busy and pre occupied lately that sometimes I forget to eat. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but ever since my son was born my hormones have done a number on me:) Sometimes I just don't feel like eating either. I know I've mentioned before about taking a whole food raw supplement. I use Garden of Life right now, which I really love. I recently purchased their meal replacement shakes so I'm getting healthy raw calories that are quick and easy. When I bought it, I was told that it doesn't taste that great, but to mix it with almond milk or coconut milk to help improve the taste. Not a problem! I mix all of my protein shakes with almond milk anyway.



So, I don't mind the taste too much, but I'm not horribly picky either. It tastes a bit "mealy" and "grainy" to me. Have you ever tasted the batter for cornbread? It's a little along those lines. What I absolutely can't stand in a mixed shake is when it gets too thick. Yuck! This does not do that! The directions call for 2 scoops, but I have only been using one, which could help it stay thin. I'm happy with it, and LOVE that they offer SO many raw options.

No comments:

Post a Comment