Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A place called "home"

A PLACE CALLED "HOME"
I can remember picking the sunflower seeds out of these when I little!
 I grew up right here in this amazing little countryside of Illinois! My dad has always had a huge garden and I planted my very first seed in this very garden below, so it's pretty special to me. Time with dad, country views, and gardening........LOVE! So, today I'll share his amazing garden with you!

 He has the most amazing turn out of raspberries every year! They are the biggest juiciest raspberries I've ever tasted! And yes, I usually manage to take some home every year!
 Spinach
 Lettuce
 Peppers. He usually cans peppers in the tomatoes every year. My mom then uses them for chili. It's pretty tasty!!
 A tiny baby pepper is already growing!!
 Tomatoes!
 Dad has regular and sweet potatoes planted. I'm planning to take some sweet potatoes when they are ready to make some raw sweet potato pasta!!
 Fresh broccoli, which I will be taking home with me!

 Look at all of that parsley! I told dad he needed to juice it! I will also be taking some of it home with me!

 Leeks.

 Celery perhaps? I took so many pictures and now can't remember what everything was. I'm not an expert gardner by any means! I just like eating the stuff!
 Cabbage.
 Sweet corn. Some of the best sweet corn you will ever taste!

 Onions.





 Look at what I found! Raspberries are usually ready in Aug/Sept, but there were a few that I picked....and ate!

 Blueberries!
 Dad has some of the most amazing grapes from this grape vine as well. He makes some super delicious grape jelly!



 A few blueberries just starting to grow!


These pictures were all taken about a month ago, and this pic will likely make Julie (my mom) sad, because Toby, the cat, went missing about a week ago and hasn't been seen since. Poor Toby! Well, at least he made it onto a raw food blog before he departed!
 Black walnuts.

 Apple and crab apple trees!


 The best part about all of dad's fruit and vegetables, is that they are all organic and chemical free! LOVE that! I'm so glad I grew up in a home that valued gardening!! Thanks for the good example Dad!!

The horses! Can't come home without at least several dozen pictures of my boys!! Mine are the two black ones, Indy and Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment