Monday, August 27, 2012

Raw Food Night!

As always, I'm a little late posting this since the last raw food night at the Green Owl Cafe in Madison was August 9th! I had to work that night, so I called and asked if they would prepare a "to go" meal for me. Since I'm a regular there, I didn't think they would object! They didn't. I stopped in on my way to work and they had it all ready for me. A great way to start out a 12 hour shift!

Soup: creamy cucumber-dill soup

Salad: watermelon and heirloom tomato with balsamic drizzle and basil

As I'm writing this blog, I can not recall ever eating the soup. Hmmmm. I know my memory isn't great, but I'm thinking I may not have gotten it. Well, it's too late now. The salad, which I didn't take a picture of was delicious! I love balsamic and basil so I knew I would like this.

Small Plate: flax crackers with raw veggie hummus

Entree: barbeque papaya steak served with veggie kabobs and sweet corn on the cob




I can't say that I was super crazy about the papaya "steak," but I ate it. Veggies and corn, well who can screw that up?!
Flax crackers are in the upper right hand corner. Hummus is in the container. It was SO good by they way. 


Dessert: seasonal berry cobbler with banana ice cream (and a mint leaf)

 This dessert was amazing! I was forced to eat the ice cream as soon as I got in my car because I didn't want it to melt. Banana ice cream is the last flavor I would probably ever order, but it was so good. And the berry cobbler, well that was just amazing!!

The next raw food night is September 13th, so try it if you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment