Monday, June 11, 2012

Karyn's Raw Food Cafe!

I was in Chicago a while back and decided to stop for some raw food at Karyn's. It's a cute little raw food cafe just north of downtown. I had wanted to go to this place forever, but it just never seems to work out. So, I went alone! Score! It worked out perfectly. 


Salad bar. I wish these had been labeled so I could tell you what they each were. What I can tell you is that they were all, (yes, I tried every single one of them) amazing!

There were lots of options including fresh juice, smoothies, sandwiches, and even oxygen.

Totally doesn't look all that appetizing, but it was really good.
Add caption
Since I haven't attempted to make raw "bacon" yet,  I opted for a 1/2 BLT sandwich. The "bacon" was made out of beet soaked eggplant, which was also amazing. Apparently I'm not too hard to please because I loved it all:-)
There were lots of chemical free cleaners too.




There were so manyI really wanted to take one of everything!

Brown and White bread. The white was really good. It's prepared in a food dehydrator so it's a different texture than standard bread, but very good.
Dips, spreads, and cheeses.
Salad dressing.
Here was all of the raw ice cream, which I really wanted to try, but it would've melted before I got home. I was too full to try some before I left.

There was also quite a selection of books. I've read one or two of these!



Meet Karyn!

In addition to the cafe, there's also a sit down restaurant that serves raw meals. Maybe I'll try it someday!
Don't think I walked out with out grabbing a dessert to go! It was gone before I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment