Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Coriander Sauce



I found this recipe from the "Plate of the Day" food blog. The entire posting from the website is not included here because there is some unnecessary bad language in the post, and I just don't feel like having that on my blog:) So, here are the ingredients:

Large swiss chard leaves
Cucumber (sliced)
Carrots (sliced)
Seaweed (I did not use seaweed in mine)
Basil leaves
1/2 cup of thinly sliced scallions and cilantro
Fresh alfalfa sprouts
Brown rice (optional)
Avocado Coriander Sauce
1/2 avocado
5 sprigs of coriander
Juice of 1/4 lemon
4 scallions diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 small dried red chili (sliced)
Salt, pepper
Mix in a blender.

I thought that lettuce wraps would be a great post because of the fresh produce people are starting to get out of their gardens. Mine is going crazy and I LOVE it! The only thing that I used from my garden today was fresh cilantro and basil. I could have used carrots, but they aren't very big yet and I still had some left to be use.

Don't be afraid to add a good amount of cilantro and basil!


No comments:

Post a Comment